Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Trick Bars

I was really hoping the bars were wobbly because they just needed to be tightened, but once I opened up the back of the pad it looks like there is a bigger problem.


It seems that there are two small welds that have broken free from the bar. Actually, they are both broken on both pads, making it four in total. Luckily, I know someone with welding equipment that offered to help me out.


The bar and the plate don't actually separate, they are just a little loose. I can't see where else it might be connected, but I'm reasonably sure that the problem lies with these welds. The tricky part is... there are not many areas where the bar meets the plate, and in most of the areas where the two touch the top stainless steel plates need to lay flush with the red plate.


The bars insert into some holes in the stage for stabilization. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the red plate needs to sit flush with the stage which means the existing welds are pretty much the only place I can connect the two.

The metal plate is otherwise in good shape. There are no missing bolts and nothing is terribly corroded, but it's filthy. I blew away debris with compressed air and wiped everything down with some multi-purpose cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment